Friday, May 14, 2010

I would like to know the labor law on how many hours you have to work before you can receive a break in Ill.?

i thought you were entitled to have some kind of a break in a seven hour day by law.I would like to know the labor law on how many hours you have to work before you can receive a break in Ill.?
I was about to answer, but I don't know in America, I know in England you need at least a 15 minute break for 8 hours work, but it's different in pubs.I would like to know the labor law on how many hours you have to work before you can receive a break in Ill.?
According to our union, state law in IL requires companies to give employees a 1/4 hr. paid break for every 4 hr.s they work and an unpaid 1/2 hr. lunch in an 8 hr. shift.
Yes U R. If U'r pulling a 8hr shift or something close to that...U should get a 15min break after 3hrs have passed. Half hour non-paid launch break. Then again the 15mins break comes back after U have worked for more than 3hrs.Hope this helps!
ask a lawer

No comments:

Post a Comment