Monday, May 10, 2010

If your child were critically ill, would you rather have?

1000 christians praying for him/her, or a skilled physician/surgeon caring for him/her?If your child were critically ill, would you rather have?
doctor over prayer any dayIf your child were critically ill, would you rather have?
A skilled physician.
I would rather have anyone anywhere who wants to pray, Christians, Pagans, Jews, Muslims, whoever, pray while the Dr. cared for him/her.
I would choose the skilled physician any day over god....
Even if my choices were between the Xians and nothing I would still take the latter.





They must not have multiple choice in the bible 'cause they just don't get it.





I'm so perplexed. They want the doctor and don't want to look like kooks, but they don't want to offend ';god'; I am guessing. They just can't answer A or B
I'd rather have 1Christian physician praying for -- AND treating -- my child.
Skilled Physician... someone who could actually DO something to help him.





I'm flabbergasted by the people saying they'd prefer a ';Christian doctor'; so he could pray for the child in addition to treating him! What does it matter!?! I guess then I'd choose a secular or atheist doctor because I'd know he's spending every minute with my child concentrating on what might be wrong and on the solution rather than begging some unseen force to help him heal my child. UGH!
physician
a skilled physician/surgeon
Why the either/or bifurcation? Are you trying to cobble up evidence against the effectiveness of prayer? Why not stack the deck a bit? What would be wrong with asking a 1,000 Christians to pray who have regularly received answers to prayer and asking for a physician's help? We are not precluded from getting help where it is available. Following this line of reasoning, which makes more sense:


Asking 1,000 Christians to pray for God to provide food, or going down the street to the grocery store? Jesus taught us to pray, ';Give us this day our daily bread,'; and the apostle Paul taught, ';If he will not work, neither should he eat.'; Taken together, this means we should work for the daily bread for which we pray. Failing to look at the broader context or the general tenor of the entire bible has been the cause of much woe and grief in the name of religion, and this kind of thinking illustrates that perfectly.





Tom
God made man with capablities. the talent and intelligence to be a doctor is one of them. God won't do what we can do for ourselves. doctor.





though a Christian doctor would make me feel safer; them praying for God to help them, take away any anxiety, etc.
would you rather have one prayerful Christian doctor caring for your child or 1000 other people asking stupid questions?
I WOULD RATHER HAVE 1000 CHRISTIANS....BECAUSE THE POWER OF PRAYER IS STRONG AND ITS ABLE TO CALL UPON GODS SPIRIT(GOD DOESNT HEAL BY POWER OR BY MIGHT, HE HEALS BY SPIRIT) AND A DOCTOR CAN NEVER OBTAIN THE SPIRIT OF GOD.
Skilled physicians hands down.
I have never come across an ill religious preacher (any religion) who has refused a physician for prayers.
Once again, both.
Dr. without a doubt!
both.





never hurts to ask.
A skilled physician/surgeon!


It is the duty of the parents and family to hold a prayer group or ritual depending on their religious choice in the child's room...not the physician/surgeon she/he has enough on her/his mind while treating the child...requesting her/him to do a prayer during treatments would be asking for a malpractice case!!
Let's see... would I rather have 1000 deluded individuals praying to a non-existent being or would I rather have someone who actually knows what he/she is doing? Hmmm............ That's a tough one, but I think I'll take the doctor.


.
Actually I would like to have both!
I prefer the doctor. According to the great prayer experiment, my child would do worse knowing that he was being prayed for.
Of course I'd want the medical people but I would also ask people for prayers and energy. I know... but I'd do what I felt was right.
Another black or white fallacy... why couldn't you have both?

No comments:

Post a Comment