Friday, May 14, 2010

If your child were critically ill, which would you rather have?

1000 people of your faith praying for him/her, or a skilled physician/surgeon looking after him/her?If your child were critically ill, which would you rather have?
Skilled physician.If your child were critically ill, which would you rather have?
Both.
Both. Prayer always helps, and many people have been healed just through prayer alone, but God has designed several ways of healing:





1) Miracle of INSTANTANEOUS healing - symptoms immediately cease and you are well





Mark 5:25 聽And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,


26 聽And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,


27 聽When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.


28 聽For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.


29 聽And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague.








2) God, through Christian' prayers or anointing with oil %26amp; laying on of hands, stops the source of the sickness, and the body's natural healing properties take over, and the person ';gets well';





( this is the most common way MIRACLES of healing work today. The Illness suddenly stop and doctors attest to the healing.





Luke 17:12 聽And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:


13 聽And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.


14 聽And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.








3) God built a natural healing process in mankind when He created man that allows the body to heal itself....you cut your finger...you mash your toe...they get better on their own...or you use some medication that helps healing. A medicine formulated by man as he discovers healing properties of things created by God that can be used to help you get well





4) God has never discouraged Physicians or medicine. He gave the wisdom to men along with the capacity to develop knowledge of and skills to diagnose, and treat illnesses.





Luke 5:31 聽And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.








5) God has chosen prayer as a tool of communication between man and God. Prayer works.





James 5:16 聽Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.








That's why I said I'd like both, because, either way, God is in control.
Skilled physician or surgeon.
many surgeons have failed. no matter the skills. and there is no reason not to have both.
Both. Nothing says not to go to a doctor.
I have been there and there is NO *rather*, I have to say BOTH...... a surgeons hands that God is directing !!!!! .. go in peace......... God bless
Let's do a an experiment to see which one wins? Prayer or science?





I bet science will win out because God does not do anything for anyone because god was an invented entity that does not exists. Something that does not exists cannot heal.
Doctors, doctors, doctors!





I've seen what happens when people prayed for some one and didn't take them to the doctor. Because my cousin died when she gave birth at home and she didn't believe in doctors. They prayed for her instead and both her and baby died.
Doctor, each and every time. Why not get rid of the emergency services, if God looks after people. Oh, wait, he doesn't...
I don't know 1000 people. One praying is enough and a physician if one is there.


Why do you ask? Are you for me or against me?
i thought christians don't get sick?
I'd rather have the skilled physician/surgeon -- because I would know that his/her ability to heal comes from God.





.
no contest-skilled physician/surgeon..
u need to have a lot of money. just in case
I have had a child who was critically ill. This is apparently a question from someone who has no idea what it is like to have a child who is critically ill but I do not fault the asker.





The mature answer to your question is that you must have both prayers and a skilled surgeon. And it would not matter to me what faith they or the surgeon are from. If the surgeon was atheist, then I would not care as long as he did the best that he could do to save my child. But, I would be praying for both my child and the surgeon.
A skilled doctor and just one other person from my congregation. 2 or more people congregating together to pray has the holy spirit there also.
doctor who pray
Of course, it would be the second choice.





I know, scary how some people would believed that the first one alone could work out.
Both because one cannot have either or. God provides the education material. Humans build the skill which the human mind learns.
physician
The latter.
physician





EDIT: whose bill should be covered by financial donations made by all 1000 people in my church. God is gold.
Mmm... With a THOUSAND witches on his or her side he or she'd be bound to recover, but I'd probably take just me %26amp; the doctor.
id slap that mo fo with a oven glove
Let me think about this.......





A doctor!!! Duh.
Christians: If you ever walk past me and it looks like I'm dying - save your prayers. Drive me to the hospital.





I respect those who want to pray. But all the prayer in the world ain't gonna stitch me back up!
God gave man the intelligence to make medicine and do surgery ect.....for our benefit... Geez...Must be a full moon !


Any parent is going to go to the Dr...Duh~
A physician. As they say, the Lord helps those who help themselves.
The smart person chooses the physician.
Well, I am an atheist...so people of my ';faith'; praying wouldn't exactly work.





HOWEVER: my entire family is Catholic and I grew up in a very Catholic religious community. I wouldn't resent them praying for my child (even though I don't want kids ^^;) as it is their own way of supporting me. Even as an atheist, you can't help but feel the positive energy coming from these people even if you don't believe that there's ';Someone'; listening to them.





I'd want a skilled physician, of course. But I'd also want the support of the community I grew up in, regardless of whether or not I believe what they do.





I can't choose. A skilled physician wouldn't be able to stand by my side and comfort me.





I would need both equally.

No comments:

Post a Comment