Tuesday, May 11, 2010

If I were to buy just the turbo for my integra. What else would I need to buy. I know most of what ill need.?

I know most of what ill need but i would like to know what everything is. I will have it professionally installed thoIf I were to buy just the turbo for my integra. What else would I need to buy. I know most of what ill need.?
camshafts - headers and a tuned exhaust- also larger injectors or you'll blow the heads off.If I were to buy just the turbo for my integra. What else would I need to buy. I know most of what ill need.?
you need to re-inforce your pistons first off, check to see if the compression ratio is fine. then you need a new ECU, blowoff valve, the right type of headers that allow the turbo to attach to it, and i would highly recommend an intercooler, wastegate are optional too but very good to have, and same with boost controllers and turbo timers. also, idk if you already have this done but i would reccommend replacing your whole Intake/Exhaust system to let the engine breathe easier with the added psi. and you will need to invest in some boost gauges and Air/Fuel ratio gauges to make sure everything is running good and right... theres a lot of stuff and it is very expensive. not many people realize how extensive this is
It isn't just throwing on a turbo. Did you ask about what compression ratio is safe for the turbo installation with your engine and do you know what the compression ratio is now? You would need a different computer chip or at least programming or even a separate info box to integrate the turbo into the Fuel mix, detonation sensor, MASS, MAP, etc loop. Would you have an intercooler? Would you use a K%26amp;N Air system? Is your exhaust system capable of turbo applications or will you need to upgrade that also. Will your clutch or stall converter in an automatic hold up? Get a check list going.

No comments:

Post a Comment