Monday, May 10, 2010

If your father were ill, would you still expect to visit him on Fathers day? please read details?

My question:


Friends, will you please consider taking a moment to say a prayer for my father? He is stuggling with cancer and not doing very well.


He has been very corragious for 5 years now but I fear it's getting the best of him.


My dad is 75. He raised 7 children with my mom on very limited means. He is the last of his own family here on earth. I am very proud of my father. He is a good man.





thank you all so much.


blessings


ramjetIf your father were ill, would you still expect to visit him on Fathers day? please read details?
Dear ramjet,


I would be so happy to pray for your father. My own fought a battle with cancer and I know the struggle that your dad and your family face. With Christ you can have peace. I hope that you do get to see him today. Let him know how much he has meant to you. Hug him and tell him thank you for being your dad. Give him a hug for me, I would love to hug my dad one more time. Some day, praise God, I will.





take care~vickiIf your father were ill, would you still expect to visit him on Fathers day? please read details?
Be happy that you've had such a wonderful father. He sounds like a good man.


I hope that he finds peace soon.
Yes you should go see your Dad, be glad he is still around for this day.


I lost my father in 1999, he refused to go to a hospital and wanted to die at home. So I left my family {very understanding hubby} for 3 months and moved in with him to care for him. I was glad I did I got to really get to know him better.He died 3 months - 2 days after my mother did. He never made Christmas of that year. He had a brain tumor and lung cancer.


Spend as much time as you can with him and always tell him you love him and will be there for him...





I was born during the depression in New York during the war years [ 1937]. I know what it is like going to bed hungry and we had to have black curtains over our windows with not lights on. Hardly any heat in the early mornings to get dressed with. And I was an only child. Both parents worked.
You got it RJ--my bro-in-law's dad just died at 11:00 yesterday,(leukemia) he was also 75--some folks are not having a really happy father's day today--hope your dad pulls through
You have my prayers as I know first hand the pain you are experiencing with this.





My father passed the same way, 5 years ago.





All I hope I can pass to you is the prayers and thoughts I had with my father.





I told him that I will always love and remember him....but do NOT stay here in pain, for us....go home to God and be whole.
Yes I will...as I also pray for you...


Fathers are a wonderful thing...and should always be cherished in you heart...


He'll always be your DADDY...





God Bless You Dear...
By all means do go and visit your father as this day should be special to you and to your father. Your request for prayer has been granted.
I will pray for your dad but it is you that should go visit your dad not the other way around.
My heart goes out to you. I just lost my own mother to cancer on June 3rd.





Here's hoping your father rallies and does better. Bless you both on this special day.
I don't pray as you know, but I can maybe do something else.





When my dad was battling cancer (he's still around btw), he n I had a talk about a difficult thing. It was my Atheism. Dad is a fundy. It was a hard talk to begin but it was very meaningful to me and him as well. He brings it up often since that day. What I said to my dad that day, you could say to yours and maybe it will be meaningful to him too.





Well, you'd leave out the first bit, but I said ';Dad, I know that the thing you most want to give me on earth, is your faith and I have rejected that. I know it hurts you and I hope you know I feel pain from this as well. But what you HAVE given me is THIS....'; and I proceeded to tell him about his morality and how I emulate him. I brought up his stories and the lessons they still teach my children. I told him that when he is no longer on earth, he will live on thru my children and then I was very specific about HOW he would live on. Which stories I would continue to tell. Which life lessons they will learn.





And I said ';I love you '; a whole lot.





((Hugs)) to you and your dad.
I really hope he gets better i know a lady who got cured of cancer so he might too! i prayed for him!
If my father was still alive then I would go visit him today even if he were ill because you never know if you will get another chance to see him.
Yes, if possible visit him. Your fathers condition is no secret to him, and one of my biggest regrets in life was not acknowledging that my father was in the process of dieing when I was twenty-six. That was before hospice, and the openness of discussing the process between families and medical personnel became the norm. My brother and sister feel the same way. My father was unable to talk at the end, but what I would not give for a tape of his voice, or camcorder if he is comfortable with that, talking about what he would like to be remembered for for my children and grandchildren to hear. If your father is able, a recording of an interview would be priceless to future generations. My sister did do this with my maternal grandmother who passed away years after my father at age 100. My sister conducted it as a documentary type interview, asking about her childhood and the many changes she had witnessed in her life. Truly it is a cherished family treasure. Of course I will pray that your father will not suffer and will go to sleep in the Lord's perfect time, and wake up in Glory. What I did receive a few years ago was an old cassette that was actually broke, of my dad and mom singing together while he played his guitar. I took it to a recording studio, and they were able to repair and transfer to a CD. To our family it was like an undiscovered Beatles album! Blessing to you and yours.
I'm glad you have a dad you can love and respect. Mine was not very nice.
I would absolutely visit. Now more than ever he's going to need love and support.





If, and I stress if, he passes, it's clear he has lead a very full life. The more love and support he has, the better to remind yourself and him of that.





Show him this question. And show him the responses. I think he'll appreciate knowing not only that you love him, but that we're thinking of you and your family right now.





My best, my thoughts, and my love to you and your family, ramjet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment