Saturday, January 23, 2010

Atheists, be honest now how will you cure or fix the world from it's social ills?

What needs to go? How do you go about getting rid of it?





What will allow to stay?





What needs to be controlled? How would you implement it?





What needs to heavily monitored?





And what to do about the personal freedom dilemma?Atheists, be honest now how will you cure or fix the world from it's social ills?
and how does this make a god exist? I'm an atheist because I lack a belief in the existence of gods. This doesn't mean I suddenly have all the answers - I just know that a deity isn't one of themAtheists, be honest now how will you cure or fix the world from it's social ills?
What needs to go? Religion in schools. We need complete and utter church/state separation. And torture. We need to stop torturing prisoners, we've never got valuable information from it. If anything, all we get is lies to make the pain stop. Also, abstinence only sex ed.





Everything else can stay. It's up to people what they do with themselves.





I'd like to control alcohol, and drugs, but in a better way than we're doing at the moment. I'd probably lower the drinking ages 17, and do what Portugal's doing with drugs. Monitor usage and give addicts help, but not persecute anyone. And for that matter, the age of consent should be 16. Which it already is here in the UK.





There's a dilemma with personal freedom? I think personal freedoms are great! Everyone should be allowed to vote for who they want, believe in what they want, and have sex with who they want (if everyone's consenting and old enough).





I have many more ideas, but too many, and they're al quite complex, so I won't bother putting up any more.
Most of the world's social ills could be cured if everyone had a living wage, a decent place to live and enough to eat.





I don't buy the idea that making sure basic needs are met somehow interferes with personal freedom, unless you're talking about the ';personal freedom'; of 1% of the population to control 60% of the world's wealth for its own benefit.





You talk as if solving social problems requires a heavy hand and severe reduction in freedom. That's Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly talking and has nothing to do with reality.
US constitution, with its non-secular basis, seems to be a good starting point.





Most of europe has recognized that and adopted its design. Now if we can only protect the constitution from those that would change it to their own brand of morals... aka, attacks on a womans right to choose, lack of equality for those who choose a mate of the same sex, attacks against basic science in the school science cirriculum,





ours is a society that protects the minorities from the push of the majority. or at least should be. I think people forget that too often.
If only we could get rid of ignorance and hatred, then I think most everything else would fall into place. But that isn't a job for atheists alone; it's everyone's responsibility.
Atheism means I lack belief in gods, that's all





It doesn't mean I can cure all the world's ills





And I also can't pretend that praying to some non-existent entity would fix them either
Education is the biggest cure. Unfortunately it is a very slow process.
How you would christians or whatever religion you are fix these problems?
The world is incurable.
Bureaucracy needs to go. And dirty politicians with a lot of money.





What does this have to do with me being atheist?
Everyone has to go except me.
I don't know how to do that nor do I have the power to do it even if I did.
I am not sure yet, l am still making up my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment