Thursday, January 21, 2010

Would you pursue your crush if you found out that the person was ill?

I just ask because I have just been told I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), I am worried that this may put off people from dating me. I was getting on really great with an amazing girl and was thinking that she may have liked me, now I feel when she finds out about me she may cool her interest and look for someone else. Would this put you off dating someone? ThanksWould you pursue your crush if you found out that the person was ill?
I would be up front with it. Honesty goes a long way.





For myself, no diagnosis would turn me off to a person I was interested in. Would you pursue your crush if you found out that the person was ill?
Nope, as long as you're not contagious I'd treat you the same way. Now if your illness was ignorance...that's another story
no it wouldn't stop me from wanting to know that person. I probably feel this way since I've had so many crushes, but didn't have the courage to talk to any of them. If I could go back and change it I would.
I am going to be honest here, but most likely not. All my life I watched my mom take care of a man that was sick with diabetes, and it was not pleasant.
It won't put people off!! There is ALWAYS that one person who has to the smart one, but they're not worth the effort so it's no great loss.


I've been in a wheelchair for 4 years and on crutches for 4 years, when i'm on my crutches i walk rather.. special (lol) and i never ever thought anyone would look at me twice because of all my medical problems. I was wrong!


I was out shopping once and a random,VERY cute guy gave me his number! Which shocked me, not only because it was me but because i was on my crutches so he obviously didn't care that i walked like a penguin. I also had a long term 2 year relationship with someone while i've been 'ill'.





Honestly, it won't scare anyone off. It can also be a good topic starter, i get no end of people asking me what's wrong with me. Don't write yourself off because you have CFS, its not the end of the world. You're welcome to email me if you want, i understand what you mean :]
of course not. its not like you're dieing or contagious.
No. If I loved someone and found out that person was seriously ill I would want to make his last days happy.





In your case, luckily your illness is not fatal. I know a lot of people with CFS and they're doing pretty well. Just watch your diet, and make sure you rest when your body asks you to.





Good luck.
if somebody loves you it would not be a problem.
I would love someone no matter what their condition is.





If my boyfriend were dying I'd stand by him until the end... not that I want to think about such things but I believe love is something you should take before it's gone. And is something you shouldn't be ';put off'; by if it's mearly a condition.
Nope, I have Lupus so that would be very hypocritical of me to not date someone because they have an illness when I have one myself. I personally don't see the big deal, I would continue to pursue the person if I liked them. And I hope no one would turn me down because of my Lupus (I sometimes wonder about that too, but if they did that would just mean they are shallow and not the right person). So just keep pushing forward... :)
It didn't stop me from pursing my guy and we've been happily together for a year now. :-D





It just depends on the person really. Illnesses can really put people off but honestly, if that's the case then the other person in question wasn't all that worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment