Saturday, January 23, 2010

He says will quit job not to pay me a dime if he is ordered by court, but now he is ill too?

I've been very ill for the past 2 yrs, been emotionally abused %26amp; abandoned by husband. Married in Ca for 13 yrs. Filed for divorce last Oct but cldn't go thru with it so I retracted b4 he was served, father had just died. He had threatend to leave U.S.%26amp; take money, so I went to the bank and halved the money and opened my own account. He hit the roof! He has been very, very mean since..making me pay for everything out of my $600 I get from Social Security! Even after retracting the divorce! We both have dual citizenship! But now he is also ill and not working. My question is how can the judge make him pay me alimony when he can't or won't work? Which he has threatened to NOT do if he is made to pay! He has threatened to quit his job if he is made to pay me a dime, but now he has every reason to not go back to work?! He can go back to our country without ever going bak to work! I am planing on filing tomrow..Plse help me? I have 1/2 of the funds, then we owe some on the houseHe says will quit job not to pay me a dime if he is ordered by court, but now he is ill too?
I've been through the California Court System trying to work out an equitable arrangement with my son's mother to when she stopped paying for half his expenses. She tried the same thing... saying she would not work if she was ordered to pay support, but the judge told her flat out that he could order her to work and if she chose not too then we would order her to provide weekly updates to him on her job search and if she didn't prove to him she was making good efforts to find one then he would find her in comtempt and she might serve time. I guess it all depends on the judge, but a good attorney should help you prepart for that. I did it without one.





I hope you are able to figure it out. Nothing sucks more then a dead beat parent who doesn't make sacrifices for their child!





Dan





P.S. After I took her to court about 6 years ago things started getting better and now she is contributing half like she is supposed to.He says will quit job not to pay me a dime if he is ordered by court, but now he is ill too?
You need to discuss this with an attorney. Are you planning on going through with the divorce now?
It is based on what he is able to earn.That law was created just for a-holes like him.Don`t worry about it,he will most likely have to pay .
get a good attorney
cut your losses. Let him go. start fresh on your own. He doesn't care about you. Don't let him drag you down to nothing.
You really need to have a lawyer to help you with this. Chances are when you file he may leave. They can still grant the divorce but once he's out of the country there is much they can do to help you.





I wish you the best and hope something works out in your favor here hon.
Good for you, bad for him. If it is ordered by the court, he has to pay or he will be doing jail time. Do what you have to do in order to get your life together. Don't continue to allow his threats to rule you life. Good thing about America, a judgement is made against you, you don't pay, your wages are garnished.

No comments:

Post a Comment