Saturday, January 23, 2010

Does anyone know if marijuana will effect me while i am using Clarus (accutane) or if ill have any reactions.?

I have to take Clarus (accutane) which is used to get rid of acne.





they told me that if i drink alcohol it will combine with the pills and effect me, and ill get liver malfuction or i can die.





if i do marijuana (weed) will that have an effect of me too like the alcohol would?!





i didnt want ask or they'd get suspisious but i really need to know.





any help i would apprieciate so much.


please respond! :)Does anyone know if marijuana will effect me while i am using Clarus (accutane) or if ill have any reactions.?
You will be fine, marijuana isn't damaging to the liver like alcohol is, nor is it even a dangerous drug to begin with.Does anyone know if marijuana will effect me while i am using Clarus (accutane) or if ill have any reactions.?
I'm not 100% sure, but my guess would be yes, it will affect you.
I don't know for sure, but weed is not directly counter-indicated with any pharmaceuticals. It may impact you differently on some things, but it won't cause you any harm. Nobody's ever died from weed.
I took a full course of Accutane (6 mos.) a few years ago. I was given the highest dose recommended. Like you I was told to refrain from alcohol consumption, the reason being is that this med. is a highly concentrated synthetic vitamin A, it is hard on the liver in the first place, alcohol will make it worse! However, we all have our vises,I can say no to booze, but I did and still do smoke cigarettes and ';people nip';as I like to call it! It has been about 20 years now, and I am still in very good health and still no acne!!! I would like to point something out to you that medical research didn't find until five or so years after my treatment, and that is Accutane users have been prone to severe bouts of depression! I'm not saying it will happen to you, but ,please be aware, it is a side affect that can happen even years after treatment. If you can get access to a Physicians Desk Reference (PDR), it will tell you everything you want to know about Accutane, Pot, and any drug interaction precautions you should take with either.
  • skin care
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment