Saturday, January 23, 2010

If you were terminally ill, would you keep it a secret as long as you could?

If you knew there was no hope, had your second and third opinions. Would you really want to tell the people you love the most, or would you want everything to be as normal as possible, for as long as possible? Would you feel that telling them was burdening them unfairly?If you were terminally ill, would you keep it a secret as long as you could?
I will if that time comes keep it to myself. Till it shows physically.If you were terminally ill, would you keep it a secret as long as you could?
I think I would honestly, some will unecesilary pitty u for such a thing, I want ppl to remember me for me not some sickness ... if i had one that is
yes, I wouldn't want people treating me differently because I was dying. I would want everything to be as normal as possible. The only people I would tell would be those closest to me, husband, parents.
I think I'd want them to know so they have time to prepare for it. So, we can work together to make sure everything is arranged, and that we all make sure to enjoy the time we have left.
only if you want to tell them
i wouldn't tell anybody as long as i could


this is really a sad thing and suppose that my point of view would be completely changed for everything


i would tell them in the very last moment
I would want to keep it a secret, but I wouldn't. I would tell them so that they would have time to try and work through their emotions and tell me whatever they wanted to tell me while I was still there. I just don't think it would be fair to them. They would, of course, drive me absolutely crazy over it while I was dying, but at least then I wouldn't feel guilty keeping it from them.
I wouldn't keep it a secret. I think that would hurt our friends, family, and loved ones too much. I think it the long run, it be much easier to have people to share the last few months of your life, and not to go through it alone.
I don't know that I'd use the words 'terminally ill' because I've been told those very same words by my doctor ... who said I had 'maybe three months to live' ... and that was 25 YEARS AGO. The 'disease' I had was Malignant Melanoma ... the 'worst' 'skin cancer' that had a 98% 'death rate' back then. I was the second patient (and the first to survive past three months) to get the 'surgery' that is now even better and is done 'routinely' for other Malignant Melanoma patients. I TOLD EVERYONE what the 'doctor had told me' ... but I followed it up with ... I intend to live to be at least 150 (I was only 21 at the time). I didn't 'simply accept' that I was 'bound to die' ... I got EXTREMELY ANGRY and I FOUGHT TO SURVIVE. Was I ever a 'burden' to anyone ... maybe, but never for long ... and if you are 'told' that a person is terminal, or if you even 'think' that a person is terminal but 'doesn't want to talk about it' you should 'tell them my story' and see if you can't 'talk them into getting really, really ANGRY at their 'disease' so that they WANT TO FIGHT FOR THEIR LIVES ... because now, I'm 56 years old, and I'm 'still alive' and that's after going into 'metastasis' three times and having a 'second primary cancer' ... and all I ever 'did' was 'get angry and fight for my life' ... and you may 'tell them my story' because they really DESERVE TO LIVE TOO!
Yeah... I'd keep it a secret... but I think people would start to notice once I died. I mean, I'd be a lot less talkative, I wouldn't move so much, and after a while, I'd start to smell REALLY bad.
No I would definitely tell them! Why bother having loved ones if you don't need their support? I would tell them because we'd be able to enjoy life as much as possible before I die so that way we'd save some memories afterward. Your burdening yourself by keeping it in...it's unfair not to tell them, I can't stress that enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment