Saturday, January 23, 2010

How would you fellow Irish folk judge the average Irish person? Are we more friendly than ill mannered?

Do we show more respect towards others in comparison to other nations or what do you think think??How would you fellow Irish folk judge the average Irish person? Are we more friendly than ill mannered?
I'm Australian, not Irish (but 2 generations ago I was). The Irish people I have met here, ranging from immigrants, to backpackers, to the Irish Olympic team have all been wonderfully respectful and exceptionally friendly. My view might be tainted as I am quite obessed with Irish accents! However, as a whole, the travelling Irish tend to be very nice people.How would you fellow Irish folk judge the average Irish person? Are we more friendly than ill mannered?
Depends on where you are. In my experience Dublin and Letterkenny are populated by ill-bred morons and the rest of the country by courteous, well mannered people.


In the countryside Irish people are much nicer to strangers then in most of Europe, but not to each other, that's the same as anywhere else.
I am American of Irish descent and I can be a total *****. People say it's my red hair that gives me such a temper! LOL But, I can be nice and respectful when needed... ;) Oh, and Irish accents ROCK!
Well, I'm Irish, born and bred in Dublin, and yes there are complete a**holes everywhere in Ireland, but generally we tend to be pretty decent and friendly people, of course you are going to find rude, and ignorant morons, its the same anywhere in the world! I tend to judge people on how they treat me, and how they behave in general, most of the people I know are the best in the world, and I come from an area of Dublin with a bad rep! So, you are usually only going to hear about the morons and idiots in the media. Not the decent, honest, friendly hard working majority. The way I look at it is, 'People are People, so just accept them.
  • skin care
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment