Wednesday, January 13, 2010

If you child was terminally ill and wanted to die would you help them?

if they said they were in constant pain, and were going to die soon anyway..If you child was terminally ill and wanted to die would you help them?
Yes. Terminal illness is a burden on child and parent. I don't mean to sound inhumane but terminally ill patients cost us over 60,000 dollars an year. Thats 60,000 dollars of your money and the money of the American people. Of course, every human has the right to live and happiness, but when life and staying alive conflicts with the child's happiness and causes them pain, it is clear they should be granted what they deserve and desire. Additionally, since he or she will die soon anyways, it is pointless and painful to cause the child discomfort and keep them alive. Good luck.If you child was terminally ill and wanted to die would you help them?
yes, and I have actually discussed this very topic with my kids, they have told me that they would rather be let go. You see. I have a chronic illness[under control with diet and workin out] and I have told them that they need to let me go if it ever came to that. We had to discuss this as it was thought that the end was coming a lot sooner than any of us wanted We have talked about everything from sex and relationships to death and the possibility of eternal suffering while on machines to how to make a perfect lasagna
You don't help someone die... you help someone live.





What I mean by that is you should try to help your child ease their pain. If not physically then mentally. Try to remind them that everyone dies, its how you live until then that makes life precious.





I know. Easier said than done. But you gotta do what you can. When your child is at their weakest its your job as their parent to be at your strongest.
Ask the help of professionals in that fields.


Pray and surrender all to God.
yes... it is the one time I would do something that would put me in jail... what right do I have that permits me to prolong the suffering of another... why is it humane to do so for a beloved pet... but not for a beloved family member...
Nope, with my luck a cure for their disease would be discovered the very next day and I'd have to live with the guilt.
no because when i help them ... i would be a killer and i don't want that.. also if that was your child.. you wouldn't want them dead of course you want the best for them... if you have a child like that would you kill him/her?


tell them that certain sacrifices are made ask tehm if they dont want to enjoy life... they're only kids
You're making it fairly easy to say yes (in pain, death soon, etc), though I doubt it would be that easy in reality. I'm saying yes but I think that's because it's theoretical.





j.

No comments:

Post a Comment