Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm goin 2 college & I will b rushing & im getin my wisdom teeth out 3 days b4 im worried ill be swollen & sor

help me please what should i do, im going to Bama and supposedly they have one of the most intenses rush's in the country should i just not get them out right now, im so stressed! some people have told me it took 2 weeks for them to recover!I'm goin 2 college %26amp; I will b rushing %26amp; im getin my wisdom teeth out 3 days b4 im worried ill be swollen %26amp; sor
The best way to recover quickly is to ice it. put ice on it for 15 mins then take off for 15 mins then repeat as much as you can. But if you have impacted or painful wisdom teeth I would suggest getting them out asap or you will looking at a lot more pain in the future.I'm goin 2 college %26amp; I will b rushing %26amp; im getin my wisdom teeth out 3 days b4 im worried ill be swollen %26amp; sor
id get them out as soon as possible





people seem to differ so much when it comes to recovering from their wisdom teeth getting taken out.





one of my friends it took weeks and they looked soooo swollen. another friend didnt even look swollen, and almost had no pain.





so id get them out as soon as possible just to be safe.
It can take up to 2 months to recover fully. Take it out right now. You will be swollen and sore if your extraction procedure becomes surgical which I am certain it will be thanks to your age. Prepare a lot of ice, favorite soups for 2 weeks, and strong pain killer prescribed by your dentist.
The sooner, the better, with wisdom teeth: the longer you leave them in, the more firmly they get rooted, and the more likely you will develop other complications like crooked teeth, decaying wisdom teeth, etc. Fun stuff! ... have you asked about moving UP the date to remove them?
I had mine out my when I was in high school, and I went back to school the next day. I still had some bleeding and minor pain, but you'll get some meds. I wouldn't cancel the surgery.
Sleep in an upright position in a recliner to help keep swelling down


Follow your dentists orders for the fastest recovery
i surely can't tell from your typing that you're going into college..





:|! x
Is there a specific reason why you have to have them taken out? Unless you are having a problem such as overcrowding of your teeth or impacted wisdom teeth, you should not have them taken out. Most of the problem occur because the do not grow in straight, but kind of sideways. My dentist never recommended taking them out, because they grew in straight. When I asked why do so many people have them taken out he said that they probably have a brother who is an oral surgeon. He also said that if I pulled my wisdom teeth out and then lets say got into some accident where I lost some of my other teeth, I would have to get dentures or implants because they may not be able to put a bridge in without my wisdom teeth. I had a friend in college whose dentist wanted to to pull his wisdom teeth. I sent him to my dentist for a second opinion. There was no particular reason to have these perfectly good teeth taken out, so he didn't. Today, almost 20 years later, neither one of us had any problems and we still have out wisdom teeth. I think this is somewhat similar to having your tonsils taken out: at one point doctors were ordering this surgery left and right, usually for no good reason. So before you stress over the recovery time, I would ask some other dentist(s) for their opinions.





';In an effort to resolve the controversy the National Institute of Health held a conference in 1979. It was agreed that straight healthy wisdom teeth should be left alone and that those that are diseased or causing trouble for other teeth should be removed. But the main issue, whether impacted but otherwise healthy wisdom teeth should be pulled to prevent trouble was never resolved.





';The panel waffled on this issue.'; Said Dr. Walter C. Guralnick, a co-chairman of the meeting. After long discussion the, the panel reluctantly agreed, ';Impaction or malposition of a third molar is an abnormal state and may justify its removal.





Dr. Guralnick. Professor emeritus of maxillofacial surgery at the Harvard School of Medicine, recently explained, ';There has never been a good prospective study done to determine what percentage of people get into trouble if impacted wisdom teeth are left in place.





No such study had begun before 1979 conference, and despite the panel鈥檚 recommendation none have been started since. Such a study would follow large numbers of people for many years to see what happens to their impacted wisdom teeth. Experts now have only one small study from which to judge; in it, most other 60-to 70- year- olds who still had their wisdom teeth had no evident disease in their impacted teeth.';
  • pimples blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment