Sunday, January 17, 2010

Will I be able to get a emancipation ill be working etc, I also live in Michigan.?

Alright well id rather not talk about how my family is.


I'm 15 ill be 16 march 6th.


Ill be working and get minim wage. I'm not positive on how many hours ill be getting after i turn 16 on school days but in the summer ill be working up to 40 hours a week.


If i'm capable of doing that what do you think the chances are?


If i save every check and keep on working all summer and the next year do you think ill be able to get one?


Ill be getting a appartment and i would live down the street so until i'm older i wont need transportation.


But i could do that and work up to i'm 17 and move out but i dont know if i can mentally or physical handle staying here that longer.


I live with my step dad well technically hes my guardian since my mom divorced him and is living with another man which that happened a year ago and just had baby and is pregnant again 2 months after. Which shes with a married guy now without him knowing anyways do I need to have a parents signature so i can try or hopefully get one? Or can I can get one without a signature?!?Will I be able to get a emancipation ill be working etc, I also live in Michigan.?
It's more likely that if they let you get away from your parents you'd be put into foster care than emancipated at this point. At 17.... maybe but you'd probably need a lawyer. If you're being abused now and can document that and if you can hold down a job and save up for your own place then it's possible. Depending on how cool your family is with anything you might just be able to fake living with them without incident. Like getting an apartment in your step-dad's name (is he really your legal guardian?) and paying for it yourself or something like that. It's pretty dicey but the legal system is pretty messy and you never know whether foster care is going to be better or worse.





Sorry I can't help you out with specifics but I wish you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment