Friday, January 15, 2010

Will wearing a retainer after wearing an ill fitted one for 5 months re-straighten the teeth?

last spring my 10 year old son got braces put on his teeth to correct an over bite and gaps. By the fall, his teeth had straightened beautifully and the braces were taken off. We were told to wear the retainer all the time except when eating or brushing teeth. Months went by and I began to notice my son's front teeth gaping again. I compared a photo that he took when the braces were just removed to the way his teeth look now and was horrified to see that it looked like he had never had braces to begin with. I believe the retainer was ill fitted. We have an appointment today to see the orthodontist. I hope I will not have to pay for braces again and that a new better fitted retainer will straighten his teeth back again.Will wearing a retainer after wearing an ill fitted one for 5 months re-straighten the teeth?
if uhave take the braces out then it is defficult get them back to thir possitions not retainers but, removable appiances can help u .


to be frank it takes months to relapce it is not the case in urs,


ok any how removable ortho dontic appliance will work if it is slitly in voled but do vitsit ur dentist regularly if u would have done it today u would not have this problem,

No comments:

Post a Comment